The function of the NCORE® National Advisory Council (NAC) is to assist in setting a vision for the conference by making recommendations concerning the conference program, keynote speakers, and special events. Each committee can have up to 10 members. As the name suggests, its function is advisory.
The NAC is composed of the members of eight committees:
• Accessibility in the Academy
• Athletics in the Academy
• Executive Diversity Officers and Executive Leadership
• Faculty Interests and Needs
• Human Resources, Recruitment, and Professional Development
• Student Affairs and Affiliated Professionals
• Student Participation and Leadership
• Transnational and International
These eight committees, individually and collectively, provide ideas, recommendations, and critical feedback to improve and enhance the reach, relevance, and effectiveness of NCORE®. Together, the NAC works with the Executive Committee of the Southwest Center for Human Relations Studies, the conference's self-organized caucuses, NCORE staff, and other key stakeholders in inclusion, diversity, equity, accessibility, and belonging through social justice and sovereignty.
NAC Committee Charges NAC Guidelines