Wednesday, February 21, 2024 | 3:00-4:30 PM Central Time | Free
(4:00-5:30 PM Eastern, 2:00-3:30 PM Mountain, 1:00-2:30 PM Pacific; convert other time zones here)
Register with the email address you use to log into Zoom.
Mt. Hood Community College located east of Portland, Oregon, is the most economically-depressed and culturally diverse part of the state. Situated in the east suburb of Gresham, the surrounding community has changed dramatically since the college’s founding. Over time we have built a planning culture to effectively and strategically advance the mission of the college to meet the needs of our growing and diverse community. This interactive session will provide actionable strategies to create and implement an equity-centered strategic plan.
This session will be most helpful for organizations and professionals who:
• Have a strategic plan in place that is not centered on equity, but would like to create one
• Have an equity plan that is not integrated with the holistic organizational plan
• Have struggled with plan implementation for equity and inclusion
• Have struggled to develop measurable equity goals and metrics within the planning process
• Have struggled to implement systemic inclusive, equity-driven change
This session will be most beneficial to administrators, trustees, practitioners, and senior diversity officers who have a responsibility to set the vision for and advance the mission of the organization through strategic planning within an equity framework.
Traci Simmons (she, her, hers), Associate Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Mt. Hood Community College
A longtime resident of Portland, Oregon, Traci Simmons currently serves as the Associate Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Mt. Hood Community College. Former roles include Dean of Student Development and Associate Dean of Student Development at Portland Community College, Cascade Campus. She holds an Associate Degree (PCC), Bachelor’s of Science in Health Sciences and Community Health Education, with a minor in Sociology (PSU), and a Master’s of Education, Educational Leadership (Concordia University-Portland).
Traci, a proud community college grad, shows up in the world and her work with a deep commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. With an emphasis on supporting groups historically-excluded from higher education opportunity, Traci centers the lived experiences of students to advance student success across all facets of diversity.
- Register with the email address you use to log into Zoom.
- Download the latest version of Zoom on your device BEFORE the webinar begins. Launch and sign into Zoom, click on your profile picture (top right corner) and select Check for Updates.
- A recording will be sent to registrants approximately one week after the webinar.
- Live captions and sign language interpretation provided. Email email@example.com for assistance.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org