As we bring NCORE 2024 to Hawai‘i, we have been working with our Native Hawaiian partners on how to enter the space respectfully. The result of that effort is the Pledge To Our Keiki. We invite you to take and reflect on this pledge as you start your registration and preparation for NCORE 2024.
Pledge To Our Keiki
From our elders we have learned we are part of the environment, not above it. The life, lands, and waters are more than just our surroundings, they are our family.
From our children we will learn that Hawai‘i is not inherited from our ancestors but borrowed from our future generations.
So when you are welcomed here, you become part of this ‘ohana that is responsible for us and our island home too. Just as we, nā keiki o ka ‘āina, the children of Hawai‘i, pledge to care for these islands, we ask that you make this pledge to us:
For a rare and endangered place, where a destructive foreign species is introduced every day…
I will bring only what is invited and be mindful of where I explore.
For an island community that defines wealth not by what is kept, but what is shared…
I will give my respect and leave what is not mine to take.
For an indigenous culture that has evolved with these islands, both unique and intertwined in their existence…
I will experience sacred places and practices with a bowed head and open heart.
For this birthplace of aloha that typically welcomes more visitors than has residents…
I will live aloha, tread lightly amongst this beauty and make it cleaner than I found it.
For a Hawaiian people whose ancestors sailed here using only the stars to guide them in search of islands to sustain them…
I will learn from your legacy and support your ongoing voyage toward sustainability.
The National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in Higher Education is coordinated by the Southwest Center for Human Relations Studies at the University of Oklahoma Outreach / College of Continuing Education. As a non-profit, educational event, NCORE is open to all individuals; no membership is required. The conference is financed by registration fees and sponsorships.
Photo(s) provided by the Hawai'i Tourism Authority. Used with permission.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you enter the registration site, payment is only by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, and Discover).
NCORE 2023 Registration Rates
|| Early Bird (ends March 31st)
|| Regular (April 1st-June 3rd)
|Students (includes Pre-Conference Institute)
| Individual Professionals
| Add an Optional Pre-Conference Institute
| Group of 10 or More Professionals
| Add an Optional Pre-Conference Institute
* The student rate remains the same year-round. Registration fee includes optional Pre-Conference Institute.
Please note: NCORE 2023 will be held in-person only; there is not an online attendance option. We invite you to mark your calendars for NCORE Virtual Connections, which will be held online November 1-3, 2023. More information will be announced soon!
Review the NCORE 2023 Terms and Conditions including information on Covid-19 protocols, refund/substitution policies, and more.
Registration includes these food functions:
Wednesday: morning beverages, afternoon snacks and beverages, evening Welcome Reception with hors d'oeuvres
Thursday: continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and beverages
Friday: continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and beverages
Saturday: morning beverages
When is Registration / Check-In open?
Monday, May 29: 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Tuesday, May 30: 7:30 am to 6:00 pm
Wednesday, May 31: 7:30 am to 6:30 pm
Thursday, June 1: 7:45 am to 5:00 pm
Friday, June 2: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday, June 3: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
Registration / Check-In will be in the Jefferson Ballroom on the third level of the Hilton Riverside. You will sign into a kiosk to print your badge and pick up materials.
- Payment can be made during online registration only by credit card. Visa, Mastercard, and Discover are accepted. American Express is not accepted.
- If you have ten or more registrants and need to pay by Purchase Order followed by check payment, email email@example.com to make arrangements.
- Final day to register with this method is April 30. After that date, you will need to register your group online and pay by credit card.
- Checks are due Friday, May 5, 2023. Mail to: The University of Oklahoma Outreach Business and Accounting / Attn: Debbie Collum. 1700 Asp Avenue, Room 216, Norman, OK 73072.
- In-person registration payment methods are: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or check/money order made payable to The University of Oklahoma. Cash will not be accepted as a form of payment.
Group Discount Information
New for 2023: NCORE encourages groups of ten (10) or more individuals to register together in one transaction to earn 10% off current registration rates. To apply this volume discount, note the following policies / conditions and plan your registration. All must be submitted at the same time to receive the discount. PLEASE NOTE: Once you enter the registration site, payment is only by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, and Discover).
- You may enter as many registrations as you wish during the transaction; you are not limited to ten.
- This volume discount does not apply when modifying registrations, as the threshold and criteria must be met all together with the original registration. Enter your entire group during the same transaction.
- Pre-Conference Institute rates are not eligible for group discount pricing.
If you register at an individual registration rate, per our policies, NCORE will not adjust your rate retroactively to a group rate or process a refund for the difference.