NCORE 2020 will kick off with optional Pre-Conference Institutes the morning of Tuesday, May 26th. Breakout sessions for all registrants begin the morning of Wednesday, May 27th. Plan on enjoying conference sessions and visiting our exhibits from the mornings through late afternoon each day. Evening programs will include films, performances, panels and other events. Our Schedule Overview has an outline of each day.
Caucus meetings held in conjunction with NCORE are self-organized by individual caucus leaders. A list of meetings and functions will be posted when the organizers inform NCORE of their plans. If you would like to initiate a caucus, email us!
The conference will conclude at approximately 1:45 PM on Saturday, May 30th.
Pre-Conference Institutes are an optional day of NCORE content; these in-depth sessions provide attendees with formidable takeaways in information and skill development. Should you choose to attend this day, an additional fee will apply. See our Registration Page for more information. When the sessions are announced, you can select and register for a session you'd like to attend the entire day Tuesday, May 26th, 2020.
No. You will need to book and pay for your own lodging.
Monday, May 25 - 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM (no conference sessions this day but you can beat the check-in rush!)
Tuesday, May 26 - 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM (optional Pre-Conference Institute sessions begin)
Wednesday, May 27 - 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM (NCORE conference sessions begin)
Thursday, May 28 - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Friday, May 29 - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday, May 30 - 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
No. We offer two options: the NCORE conference (four days of content) or the NCORE conference plus a Pre-Conference Institute (five days of content).
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to choose or change a session as long as a seat is available.
You may switch your session by sending an email to email@example.com. We will register you in the session of your choice if a seat is available.
To increase our student engagement and allow those with the most financial barriers the opportunity to earn up to three days at NCORE, our 2020 Volunteer Program will be made up of New York students who are not registered to attend NCORE 2020 ONLY.
We do not offer any other options to earn days at NCORE or reduced conference fees due to personnel and liability concerns.
If you know eligible and interested students or have questions about our 2020 Volunteer Program and its policies, please email our Volunteer Coordinator, Josephine Stocks.
Yes. Download the NCORE Justification Letter here (opens in new window).
If ten or more people from the same organization wish to form a group, they can apply for a discount and earn 10% off current registration regular (non-student) rates. Form your group before registering. Click here for more information.
• All cancellation / refund requests made by May 1st, 2020, will be made less a $100.00 service and processing fee. Notification can only be made through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• All cancellation / refund requests after May 1st, 2020, will receive a refund of the amount paid less a $250.00 service and processing fee. Notification can only be made through email to email@example.com.
• Refunds will not be made because of weather conditions or travel situations in either your home or conference host city.
• Registration may be transferred to a substitute delegate (with no additional charge).
• Registration may not be transferred to a future NCORE.
• No refund amount will be granted for no-shows.
• In the unlikely event the conference is cancelled, NCORE will refund 100% of the registration fees paid.
• No rate adjustments or refunds will be made to change an individual registration rate to a group discount rate.
NCORE has a Student Scholarship application each year. The application will be posted October 18, 2019.
Yes. If your plans change, you may email us to make a substitution. There is no cost associated with transferring a registration to a substitute.
The Check-in location will be posted as soon as possible
There are two choices when you reach the payment screen during online registration: PAY NOW or PAY LATER.
If you choose PAY NOW, you can input a major credit card to settle the balance immediately.
If you choose PAY LATER, you will receive an invoice in postal mail from The University of Oklahoma. To pay your balance, we can accept major credit cards as well as institutional, organizational, and personal checks. (see question below for more)
Do not log back into the registration system to pay as it will create a duplicate registration for you. Call our Registration Coordinator at (405) 325-6808 to process credit card payments over the phone.
You may mail a check or call-in a credit card payment to our Registration Coordinator at (405) 325-6808 (Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Central Standard Time).
Mail checks made payable to The University of Oklahoma to:
The University of Oklahoma
Registration & Records
1700 Asp Avenue, Room B-1
Norman, OK 73072-6400
Yes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the form.
Full payment must be made before we grant admittance to NCORE. You may provide payment by one of the methods listed above or we can take payment onsite by credit card, check, or cash.
Every situation is different, but common payment situations occur onsite. Since NCORE begins around a holiday and many campus offices are closed, should you need to connect with someone on your campus to process payment, we advise you to take appropriate steps in advance, such as:
• Verifying someone on your campus will be available (for example, to provide us a university credit card number over the phone)
• Bringing a copy of a purchase order
• Bringing a document that indicates the check number and/or date it was mailed
• Providing a contact name, email, and telephone number
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
|Wednesday||coffee/tea||light refreshments||Welcoming Reception - hors d'oeuvres|
|Thursday||continental breakfast||light refreshments||Books & Bites event - light refreshments|
|Friday||continental breakfast||light refreshments||-|
• Indicate your dietary preferences on your registration form or email us if your needs change. If someone else will register for you, please make them aware of your needs.
• There is a fill-in field for food allergies on the registration form. If you have an extensive allergy list of what you cannot eat, consider providing us a list of what you can eat as a substitute.
• Individuals requesting Halal and Kosher meals: please select vegetarian or vegan.
• Chefs will make preparations to be as inclusive as possible (i.e. using vegetable stock instead of an animal-based stock, lower lactose levels, etc.).
• All items will be labeled with the ingredients and if they are gluten-free, nut-free, etc.
• Specialty plates may be kept in a separate location to assure priority is given to those who have requested them. If you have questions, check with NCORE Staff or Banquet Staff.
Every effort will be made to provide items that accommodate your needs but we cannot assure that your personal standards or preferences will be met. Consider bringing any special non-perishable items (protein bars, small snacks) in your tote bag.
Our registration form has an area to indicate accommodation requests, as well as a fill-in field for you to specify other requests. These include:
- American Sign Language interpretation and caption services
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Sighted tour of the Oregon Convention Center
- Large print or Braille program guide
- Service animals
- Priority seating at sessions and events (front or back of rooms)
- Food allergies
The following accommodations will be provided to all participants (no request necessary) as part of NCORE's mission to ensure everyone feels included and empowered while attending NCORE:
- All-gender restrooms
- Maternal Care Room
- Meditation/Prayer Room
- Digitally-posted menus of provided snacks and meals and their ingredients
- Presenters will be required to use NCORE-provided PowerPoint templates, microphones, and large print versions of handouts
The University of Oklahoma's College of Continuing Education and NCORE are committed to making NCORE and its activities as accessible as possible. If you have accessibility or accommodation needs that fall under the regulations of the Americans with Disabilities Act or may affect your attendance and enjoyment at NCORE, please indicate this when you register or email NCORE's Accessibility Coordinator, Josephine Stocks.
Information coming soon.
Yes. We will be using the Guidebook app. We will email registrants and post instructions on our website in April/May 2020.
We will provide this information as soon as possible.
HOTEL AND MEETING SPACE INFORMATION
Conference sessions will be held at two hotel properties: the New York Marriott Marquis AND The Sheraton Times Square Hotel.
Hotel blocks are open. Visit our Hotel page for more information and links to book your room.
We will announce the location of NCORE 2021 at the opening keynote session of NCORE 2020. For now, save the dates of June 1-5, 2021 for NCORE!
Yes. We will post locations as soon as possible.
To Be Announced
To Be Announced
Yes. We will announce the location when it is designated.
We respect all clothing choices and do not have a "dress code". For your planning purposes: many attendees choose to wear styles such as casual, business casual, and business. We recommend bringing a sweater or jacket with you as it can often be chilly in meeting rooms. Friday, May 29th, is School Spirit Day. We encourage clothing that shows your school pride! Bring buttons and lapel pins to share and trade!
A room will be available and we will share details as soon as possible.
We will have several Information Booths in the meeting space. Exact locations to be determined.
Yes; if you attend a Pre-Conference Institute, you will earn one CEU. A verification form will be distributed in your session; fill it out, turn it into the session monitor or the NCORE Registration Desk. A certificate will be emailed to you approximately four weeks after the conclusion of the conference.
No. NCORE is not able to provide such services.
No. NCORE does not have presentation slides for distribution. Please contact the presenter(s) of the session to request materials.
CONCURRENT WORKSHOP PRESENTERS
We will have Presenter Guidelines that will explain all requirements. Also, it will have a link to the required PowerPoint template.
Visit our Call for Presentations page for a comprehensive overview of the process. The submission deadline is November 25, 2019.
No. You do not have to be registered for the conference in order to have your proposal reviewed.
NOTE: If your proposal is accepted for presentation at NCORE, you must register for the conference and pay one of the published registration rates.
Yes. Presenters are required to register at one of the published registration rates.
No. There is not a discount for concurrent workshop presenters.
All session rooms will have the following standard set of AV equipment: LCD Projector, Screen, Flip Chart and Markers. Upon request on the workshop proposal form, we can provide sound support for computers or hand held devices and internet connectivity. Microphones will be provided and must be used.
Yes. Bring your own computer to your session. If you own a Mac, bring your own adapter to connect to the LCD projector.
No. NCORE does not print session handouts. If presenters choose to provide participant handouts, they should use recycled paper.
No. NCORE only reviews your slides for compliance with accessibility. We do not keep your materials or distribute them to attendees. If you wish to make them available, please provide your contact information to your session's attendees.
No. You may submit as many proposals as you would like.
To Be Announced
The poster boards are 36” tall x 48” wide (the center section is 24”).
NCORE will provide a blank trifold poster board to each poster presenter during setup time at the conference. We will provide double-sided tape, scissors, and glue sticks. Presenters should arrive with their printed materials.
You may bring your own poster board. Please try to keep the size close to 36" tall x 48" wide.