The NCORE Student Scholar Program supports a paid conference registration for each student recipient. Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible. It is hoped that the scholarship awards will serve as an incentive for higher education institutions to support student participation in the conference.
- Submissions Open: December 18, 2020
- Submission Deadline: January 11, 2021
- Student Scholarship Recipients Notified: January 25, 2021
- Student Scholars Must Accept No Later Than: February 8, 2021
NCORE 2021 Student Scholar Educational Program
- Student Scholar Reception and Orientation on Monday: June 7, 2021 at 7:00 pm
- One (1) Pre-Conference institute
- At least Three (3) Keynote Sessions
- Student Scholar Wrap-Up Meeting: Friday, June 11, 2021 at 7:30 pm
- Present (one of the following):
- Poster Session
- Conversation Starter
- Concurrent Workshop
- Submit a 500-word reflection on personal NCORE experience; due Friday, July 2, 2021
Student Scholar Presentation Requirements
Each Student Scholar will be required to choose and present one of the following three (3) formats at the virtual NCORE 2021 conference to be held June 7-11, 2021. If you select the Poster Session or Concurrent Workshop presentation and your proposal is not selected, you will be asked to present the Conversation Starter Pecha Kucha Session.
To meet the requirements for this program choice, prospective Student Scholars must meet the Call for Poster Sessions submission deadline and have their proposal selected to present at NCORE 2021. More information on submitting a Poster Session proposal can be found at: https://ncore.ou.edu/en/ncore-2021/poster-session/
This program choice is available to all student scholars. Pecha Kucha is a concise presentation style in which the presenter tells a story with 20 slides and allocating 20 seconds per slide. This will provide you with a total presentation duration of six minutes and 20 seconds. Each presentation will be followed by a brief question and answer segment. Some examples are as follows:
To meet the requirements for this program choice, prospective Student Scholars must meet the Call for Presentations submission deadline and have their proposal selected to present at NCORE 2021. Concurrent Workshop sessions are programmed to be presented on any date between Tuesday, June 8 and Friday, June 11 during NCORE 2021. More information on submitting a Concurrent Workshop proposal can be found at: https://www.ncore.ou.edu/en/call-presentations-2021/
Review and Selection Process
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of educational professionals. Twenty (20) scholarship recipients will be selected. Please review the content in the sections below to prepare your application:
Applicant details and contact information will be requested.
Compose a letter specifically addressing the following items
- Highlights of your academic interest and achievements
- Highlights of your leadership interests and experiences
- Your reasons for wanting to attend and participate in NCORE
- Your commitment and availability to participate fully in the conference experience
- Cover letter will need to be attached to your application
- Letters must come from faculty and/or staff from your institution
- Letter should state institutional commitment to cover conference-related costs not covered by the scholarship
- Letter should affirm your commitment and availability to participate fully in the conference experience and the Student Scholar’s Conference Educational Program (outlined above)
- Letters will need to be attached to your application
NOTE: In the selection process, scores for letters of recommendation that do not address the commitment of institutional support for conference-related costs or affirm the students’ commitment and availability to participate fully in the conference and the Student Scholars Conference Educational Program will be penalized for their failure to do so. It is the responsibility of scholarship applicants to communicate this effectively to those individuals they ask to write letters of recommendation.
A résumé will need to be attached to your application
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.