About National Advisory Council (NAC)
The application deadline was December 31, 2017, for the National Advisory Council's 2018-2021 term.
Participating as a member of the NCORE®National Advisory Council is an excellent way to volunteer your talents and perspectives with other NCORE®participants who are committed to making NCORE®a stronger conference. Members of the NCORE®National Advisory Council are asked to attend all NCORE®conferences during their three year appointment to the council. Council members are eligible for a reduced registration rate of $495.00.
- The council shall consist a total of 45 members, and four students.
- All applicants must have attended at least one NCORE conference prior to applying for council membership.
- Members shall be selected by the Executive Committee of the Southwest Center for Human Relations Studies each year after the council application deadline.
- Members shall be appointed for a maximum of three years, beginning immediately as a non-voting member and a voting member following the first NCORE® conference after their appointment.
- The council shall be composed of representatives from all of the racial and ethnic groups who regularly participate in the NCORE® in proportion to their participation. The proportion of participants who are males and females shall also be considered.
- Vacancies will be filled each year immediately after the annual meeting. Applications for membership will be accepted at any time during the year. The form for making application will be available at the annual meeting. Applicants who are not selected for membership in any given year are encouraged to reapply for membership for the following year.
Two members of the National Advisory Council shall serve each year as co-chairs of the NAC. The current co-chairs of the NAC are as follows:
National Consultant in Equity and Inclusion
Founder and President of ALiVE
ALiVE: Actual Leadership in Vital Equity
University of California - Berkeley
Informal lines of communication with the NCORE® staff shall remain open, that is, the establishment of a National Advisory Council shall not preclude informal communication with the staff (or members of the Executive Council) on matters relevant to NCORE® and its program.